Sunday, December 10, 2017

Reviving an Old Racquet for New Power and Mobility

Yesterday I refurbished one of my old, c. 1999 Head Ti Heat racquets. These frames were light at 265 grams (9.4 ounces), stiff, mid-plus sized at about 102 sq. in., and had a rather not-dense stringing pattern at 16 x 19. In recent years, before I retired them, I had increased their weight by 80 grams. So I removed the added weight and strung one up with copoly string at a tension of 47 lbs. My objective was to go to a less-dense string pattern with modern copoly string for more spin, and a lighter racquet for more racquet speed to generate more energy in my shots and to improve at-net mobility for doubles.

I'll be taking this racquet for a test drive Tuesday night at my regular 4.5-5.0 indoor organized practice at a local club in Pontiac, MI.

No comments:

Post a Comment